Departments manage health and safety, according to University health and safety policy statements.
The Safety Office support this by providing the following:
- competent health and safety advice
- health and safety training
- a hazardous waste disposal service
- ionising radiation registration
- processing genetic modification risk assessment registrations or animal product licenses
- a display screen equipment assessment program
- management of accident and incident data
- investigations of serious accidents and incidents
- health and safety audits
- advice on new building design/refurbishments
- liaison with enforcing agencies
- management of the University’s fire alarm contract
- development of the University’s health and safety policy statements
The following pages detail how to access these services.
If you are unable to find the information you require, please contact us.